San Blas: World capital of wetland birds
2 days / 1 night trip Minimum 4 birders
Itinerary day one
- 6:30 am – Pick up in Ecotours Marina Vallarta (Proa Loc. 20)
- 9:00 am – Birding
- 12:00 pm – Arrival to Miramar hotel. Check in and Lunch.
- 4:00 pm – Visit to La Tovara mangroves
- 7:00 pm – Dinner
Itinerary day two
- 6:00 am – Start birding inland up to the hillsides throughout shaded coffee plantations, tropical forests and sub-perennial
- 8:30- 11-30 a.m. – Spend the best part of the morning birding at various sites in search of endemics and local specialties, ending at the top of a temperate cloud forests. Picnic-style lunch in route
- 4:00 pm – Return to Puerto Vallarta
Subject to availability
• Expert birding bilingual guide
• Visit to San Blas
• Visit to La Tovara and boat trip.
• Birding in a different habitats: coastal, mangroves, semideciduous and oak forest.
• Binoculars, Telescope and Checklist
• Field guides
• Small Groups
• Ground transportation in A/C vans
• Continental breakfast day 1 & 2, Lunch days 1 & 2 and Dinner on Day 1
• Lodging at Paraiso Miramar Hotel
• Bilingual Naturalist guide
• Boat trip to La Tovara.
• Alcoholic Beverages
• Personal expenses as room service, telephone calls, etc.
Binoculars, all terrain shoes or tennis shoes, light weight neutral color clothes (not bright), sun hat or cap, insect repellent and camera. Please bring only small luggage Level of Fitness: Moderate to strenuous. Most walks are not difficult but we do have to keep to a schedule especially concerning the boat.
PARAISO MIRAMAR HOTEL This rustic but lovely oceanfront hotel is located in the outskirts of San Blas town. The 28 rooms have fans and TV. Gorgeous gardens surround the property a paradise for birds and bird lovers.