Sea Turtle Camp and Crocodile Adventure
SEA TURTLE RELEASE!
Get involved and be a volunteer and conservationist for a day! The area of Banderas Bay boasts incredible biodiversity, due to variations in ecosystems and habitats, as a result, it has a large number of animal species, including reptiles. Our adventure provides the opportunity to support the ongoing work of a dedicated team of Mexican biologists in two different conservation projects.
We visit a marshy lagoon “El Quelele” to observe the ever-elusive American Crocodile. With the development of the area the crocodiles are loosing their habitat, so at El Quelele a special facility was created to protect them, a worthy example of sustainable ecology.
Afterward we relocate to a beach to be part of one of the world’s most intriguing natural marvels that takes place quietly and involves tiny, vulnerable creatures: turtle hatchlings. For a few months each year on Puerto Vallarta coast, Olive Ridley sea turtles come ashore to lay their eggs in the sand. By the light of the moon, the baby hatchlings scurry to the sea, remembering forever their birthplace to which they will one day return to continue the cycle of life.
During the last season, over 210,000 baby Olive Ridley turtles have been released into their new home, the blue waters of our ocean!!
What You Do to Save the World’s Endangered Species Today Will Be Treasured by Your Children Tomorrow!
(Winter time, one hour early 3:30 / 4:00 / 4:15 / 4:30 Return 8:00)
- 4:30 pm – Downtown Pick up. Meet lobby Cathedral hotel, (Agustin Rodriguez corner & Hidalgo # 166)
- 5:00 pm – Marina Vallarta Pick up. Meet at Ecotours office in Marina Vallarta (Proa loc. 20)
- 5:15 pm – Nuevo Vallarta Pick up. Meet outside Guadalajara Pharmacy
- 9:00 pm – Return to Puerto Vallarta
Save booking online
Adults +12 years Kids 4-11 years
$57 USD $45 USD
$51.30 USD $40.50 USD
CLOSED TILL NEW SEASON 2016
MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY & SATURDAY
• Biologists and Naturalist Bilingual guides
• Visit a crocodile conservation reserve
• Visit a Sea Turtle Nursery
• Release hatchlings into the Ocean
• Sea Turtles, crocodiles lecture & Video
• Sea turtle release digital certificate
• Small groups and personal attention
• Donations to the Sea Turtle and Crocodile conservation programs.
• Ground transportation in A/C vans
• Sodas, bottle water, juice, granola bars.
• Donation to the Olive Ridley Turtle Research & Conservation Project in the Bay
• Hatchling release certificate
What to Bring:
Comfortable clothes, sneakers, raincoat, insect repellent and camera.