Whale Sharks and Nature Wonders of the Yucatan Penninsula
5 Days / 4 nights trip
Minimum 4 persons
Just off the tip of Mexico’s Yucatan peninsula is a small island largely untouched by tourism, despite its proximity to Cancún. Isla Holbox might go unnoticed entirely, except for some unique visitors who come to its warm ocean waters each summer. Their presence is hard to ignore, since they are 40 feet long and weigh 15 tons. These are gentle whale sharks – not whales at all, despite their size, but actually the world’s largest fish. Docile and unafraid, they allow us to swim close enough to observe the checkerboard pattern of pale yellow dots and stripes covering their thick gray skin.
Caressed by the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea and the warmth and richness of the Gulf Stream, lays this little island, know by the name of Holbox. The island is a genuine fishermen village with 20 miles of white sandy beaches and exotic wildlife. Away from the influence and beaten paths of mass tourism, the island also belongs to the nature reserve and protected area of YUM BALAM.
(Season July and August)
- Day 1 – Cancun airport. Transfer to Riviera Maya hotel in Puerto Morelos. Welcome dinner.
- Day 2 – Transfer to Holbox Island. First driving after catch a motorboat to get to Holbox island, Visit the centenary trees and orchid nursery. Check in at Hotel.
- Day 3 – This morning is for search of the whale sharks that migrate to this exclusive area between. I This afternoon, we will take a motorboat to visit to Isla de los pájaros, you can look out for the fabulous flamingoes. Overnight in Holbox
- Day 4 – Second encounter with the Whale Sharks!!
- Day 5 – We say goodbye to Holbox and transfer to Riviera Maya. Check in at the hotel. Visit to Crococun Zoo or snorkel, farewell dinner at the hotel.
- Day 6 – Transfer to the airport. End of the trip.
If you need more information please contact us.
NOTE: We can also modify our itinerary according to your needs.
For further information contact us at: email@example.com
July, August & September
Holbox Island and Riviera Maya
• Snorkel with dozens of whale sharks in the beautiful caribbean waters
• Possibility to snorkel with giant manta rays and bottle nose dolphins too
• In a good day we might find up to 20 sharks, so of course the snorkeling with the whale shark is 98% guaranteed.
• Stay at a beautiful hotel in the remote paradise of Holbox Island
• View Flamingos, Frigate birds and many marine birds.
• Visit to a mangrove and a cenote.
• Excellent seafood, including lobster