Whale Watching Puerto Vallarta & Riviera Nayarit
The humpback whale is an endangered species and it´s protected by the Mexican Government. So we suggest the following recommendations: *If you go out whale watching be sure that you do it only in the authorized boats and with professional people concerned for the humpbacks well-being. *If you have a boat be sure not to drive fast, remember you can find a whale in you way! * If you find a whale in your way, please be very respectful, keep an 800 feet distance from it, avoid drastic changes in speed and direction within 990 feet, and don´t follow them for more than 10 minutes. If the whales avoid you, change direction, breathing rythm or modify their activity don´t approach them and move away slowly. *Mothers with calfs are extremely sensitive, so it´s important to be very careful not to bother them. *Neither commercial or sport fishing should be conducted in an area where a group of whales have been identified. The humpbacks count on you for their survival and we all want them to return to Banderas Bay every winter.
Itinerary (2 Outings Daily)
(12 persons max per boat)
- 8:00 am – Marina Vallarta Proa Loc. 20 Marina del Rey
- 12:00 pm – Return to Marina Vallarta
Afternoon Departure (Great for cruise ship passengers)
(10 persons max per boat)
- 1:00 pm – Marina Vallarta Proa Loc. 20 Marina del Rey
- 5:00 pm – Return to Marina Vallarta
Save booking onlineWhale Watching Puerto Vallarta & Riviera Nayarit
Adults +12 years Kids 4-11 years
$99 USD $85 USD
$89.10 USD $76.50 USD
December 08 to March 23
Everyday (Subject to availability) Late departures available for Cruise ship passengers. Check our Trips for Cruise Ships section.
• Motorboat specially designed for whale watching with official whale watching permit
• Biologists guides on all trips
• Lecture about humpback whales
• Hydrophone (underwater microphone) to listen to the whale songs
• Small groups (12 persons per boat, and 10 persons max in the afternoon schedule.)
• Possible dolphin, orca, manta ray, sea turtle and sea bird sightings.
• Excellent photographic opportunities.
• Whale watching certificate
• Donation to humpback whale research project
• 3.5 hrs Whale Watching
• Coffee, cookies and water in the morning departure
• Sodas, granola bars and water in the evening departure
What to Bring:
Camera, sunscreen, hat, sandals, shorts and a light jacket. If you’re concerned about seasickness please consult your physician or pharmacist about preventatives that might be good for you.