Desembocada and Ameca river Bird Paradise
The North side of the bay is dryer in comparison the East and South sides. Here you may encounter lagoons, small rivers and creeks, agricultural areas as well as coastal environments. In this tour we focus in two regions: Desembocada and the Ameca river.
Desembocada is an agricultural town, and the area is a semideciduos tropical forest, where we can see about 80 different bird species. Afterwards we continue our journey toward Ameca river where we find an amazing range of species of both resident and migratory birds, including the Crested Caracara, Green Herons, yellow-crowned night herons, blue herons, wood storks, whistling ducks, white and white-faced ibises, many yellow-winged caciques, some great kiskadees and roseate spoonbills, among many others.
- 7:00 am – Marina Vallarta Pick up. Meet at Ecotours Marina office in Marina Vallarta (Proa loc. 20)
- 2:00 pm – Drive back to Puerto Vallarta and deliver eco guests to their hotels.
Save booking onlineDesembocada and Ameca river Bird Paradise
Adults +12 years Kids 4-11 years
$90 USD $75 USD
$81 USD $67.50 USD
Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We’ll recommend you the best birding trip depending on birds location and season
• Expert birding bilingual guide
• Visit to La Desembocada & Ameca River
• Binoculars, telescope and check list
• Small groups & Field guides
• Snack at Boca de tomates palapa restaurant.
• Ground transportation in A/C vans
• Continental Breakfast and beverages
• Bottled water
• Snacks at Boca de tomates.
What to bring:
Binoculars, all terrain shoes or tennis shoes, insect repellent, hat or cap, camera.